Sunday, March 21, 2010

and some more....

That next week I ended up being really really sick. I literally thought I was going to die but I only missed one day of school. I didn't want to go to the dr cause I figured it would just pass and the dr I saw from my check up spoke no English. And for me to speak french it takes alot of concentration but when I was sick all I wanted to do was lay in my bed.

Well, I had to get myself up and going on Friday March 12...why, cause I was meeting my mom and Betsy the following morning! I spent that night in a hostel in Paris. It was ok but my cough kept me, and prob my roommates, up most of the night. Finding my mom and betsy the next day ended up being a challenge but we finally found each other! From the airport we headed to the train station to London. We grabed lunch at a cafe and missed our train...may have been my fault. Anyway we caught the next one an hour later. The trip seemed to go by fast given all of us slept the entire way. We got to London and went straight to the hotel. Betsy and mom were less then impressed by european sized rooms ;) but it was ok, the room itself was clean. We went out for dinner and wondering though the main parts of London.

The following day was Sunday march 14. We took a bus tour thoughout the city. It was very interesting and I enjoyed it alot except I was still very sick. By this point cindy was very upset that I had not gone to the dr and now we had to wait till we were back in france. While we were in London we saw everything we could. Big Ben, the changing of the guard, the london eye, and so many more things. Out of everything we did, the changing of the guard had to be the most random. While they were changing a royal band was playing. They broke out into Copacabana and an Abba montague. Yep, I'm sticking with Betsy's theory: the changing is so boaring that they had to figure out how to keep the crowd entertained.

On monday afternoonish we headed back to Paris. Honestly, I have no idea what we did that night...But tuesday morning we went to the dr. He was not very happy with me for waiting so long to come in. He gave me prescriptions for 4 medicines and sent me to get an x-ray of my lungs. We didn't want to be late for the free walking tour, so we went on that for a few hours. Betsy continued the tour and cindy and I went and got my x-ray. Turns out, i have/had pneumonia. I have to go back to a dr in caen and have another one to make sure it has cleared up after two weeks! But good news is I figured out my insurance so it didn't cost us anything! That evening we got on the train at Saint-Lazzar and headed to Caen.

Our hotel was AMAZING there. Right down town and clean and huge rooms and beds. It was crazy nice compared to what I am used to. Anyway, I showed betsy and mom around the town and how to use the tram system and I went to class the next few days while they wondered about town. On thursday they went to the d-day beaches. For st. Patricks day we all went out to O'Donnell's. It ended up being alot of fun. We met a young couple there. The girl was from France and they boy Germany. Both spoke very good english. We are all now fb friends and the girl has offered to go out for a beer or coffee with me. Hopefully I'll be able to get more French practice in and her more english.

Friday, I skipped my afternoon class so we could get to paris earlier. We walked the champs elysee and went in the arc de triomphe. It was fun but the weather was not cooperating. Saturday we ran around like crazy. We went to the Louvre, and a church Sacred Heart on the hill-amazing view of paris, and to the eiffle tower. It was a good way to spend a birthday even if I did get a little crabby cause i needed food. We ended up eating a great meal at this little pub/cafe somewhere in Paris. We headed home for the night and got ready to say goodbye's. Overall it was AMAZING but cindy was getting sick and I feel bad that she has to make the long flight home while she doesn't feel well.

Sunday at 5am betsy and cindy got up and ready to go. We said our goodbye's which were sad but I do think the next two months are going to fly by. I ended up sleeping in till ten then I got up and caught my train to Caen. Laura and I headed to Mc Donald's and got some dinner. I looked up classes for the next semester at UND and I have no idea what to do...there are so many I am interested in and want to take. This next week will be full. Figuring out all my classes for fall, double checking all my french paperwork/visa stuff, and planing for spring break!!!

Well, I think that covers everything of the last month. I will do my best to write everyday, but my internet tends to have its moments...

No comments:

Post a Comment