Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 18-February 9

Well, another unproductive day here. I slept in, watched a movie, and check my e-mail until I had to get up for class. Which was at two. Today's class was located in a building I've never been to. I called Laura and Kelli because I was lost, as it turns out...we were all lost. We got together and looked for the building together but no luck. So, we all missed class this afternoon :( After a good deal of searching for our class Laura and Kelli went to the dorms. I went in search of the man in charge of my program. A quick call to Kelsey help me find the building and his office. I bought a ticket for the field trip put on by the CEFA program. This Sunday CEFA has a trip planned to Mont Saint-Michel. I'm looking forward to it but I am a little nervous. I'm the only UND person going. I'm hoping to meet some new people. I know one guy from Texas, Thomas who is going so I won't be completly alone. And his french is really good, so I might actually know whats going on for once.

Ticket in hand I went back to my dorm. I had a great Facebook chat with Maddie. She made the first tear come to my eye since I've left North Dakota :D I am truly blessed to have such amazing friends that stick with me no matter what! Maddie had to get going so I decided to e-mail one of my professors to let her know why I was not in class. We get in trouble for using english so I managed a decent e-mail in French. She got back to me quickly and said its not a big deal and that she would let my professor know what happened. She also sent me a map and directions so I can find the building for class tomorrow :D

Since apparently I didn't get enough sleep...I took a nap! When I woke up Laura and I headed to the mall close to our dorm. I got some notebooks and milk and cereal. Basically everything that has become a necessity to me. Now Laura nad I are just hanging out at Mc Donald's enjoying their crazy fast internet. Seriously it is impossible to find a decent internet connection in this country. Thank got for Mc D's!

No comments:

Post a Comment